Monday, November 16, 2009

The issue of humanity....

One of my favorite things to say is "I'm a bad bitch. I never said I was perfect." And I never would say that, because I'm not. In my first post that outlines the Bad Bitch bylaws I mentioned that being bad has nothing to do with perfection, I'd like to take a few minutes to elaborate on that...

Because we are all only human, none of us were blessed with perfection. We're all different. Some of us are bad, some of us are typical... but at the end of the day we are all just people. But see the funny thing about humans is that it's in our nature to forget this sometimes, especially when we are hurt or feel wronged. But acknowledging someone else's humanity will make you feel better. Think about it... How many times have you said "She got a fucked up attitude. I don't like her" or "I just want him to like me and act like it" or "This dumb ass just cut me off on the road"? We never stop to think about what might be going on in that woman's life to make her that way, or that we can't dictate how he expresses his feelings, or that the crazy ass driver that cut you off is just trying to get home or made a mistake. Don't get me wrong, there are assholes out there that have no regard for or even get pleasure out of hurting/mistreating others, and if you feel like you know someone of the sort get away as fast as you can! But for the most part, if you just remind yourself that you are dealing with another imperfect being (like you) who is trying to figure things out (like you), makes mistakes (like you), and doesn't have all the answers (neither do you), it will bring you some peace of mind at the end of the day. This makes forgiveness, something that's never easy, a little less difficult.

And in case you don't believe me, I've been repeating "he's only human" in my head for the past hour and its the only thing that's stopped me from shedding the tears that keep trying to force themselves out.

4 comments:

  1. This article couldnt speak any more truly to my heart... I love this article..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have been more right in what you said.
    A key in practicing this is PATIENCE and PASSIVENESS. Alot of us lack patience and passiveness which = a hot head. Our temper often blocks our ability to realize that everyone's only human...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is proof that bad bitches think alike, cause everything that is in my head seems to be the same thing in yours - I just cannot type as eloquently as you do! This is so far the best thing I've read in my LIFE. That last paragraph really got to me, because I'm going through something similar.

    I cannot even find the words to express how much love I got for you (even though we've only seen each other very few times). I am truly fortunate to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many people, men and women alike, that would change their body for another person. I know you've already touched based on this but I must reiterate...It is sad and pathetic. Why renounce the power of your body to another? For the sake of their superficial happiness? In the end, no one is truly happy. It's a waste of time, pain and money.

    ReplyDelete