Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why Bad Bitches Love Strip Clubs

In case you all haven't noticed, I'm what most people would call (although I don't self identify as such) a feminist. So it may come as a surprise to many that I have a deep love for strip clubs, a place that receives much criticism for objectifying and exploiting women. And while some clubs may foster a hostile environment for their dancers, I do not think that every stripper is miserable with a life saturated with being demeaned and disrespected. So, what exactly is it that I like so much about strip joints? Well first of all strippers are Bad Bitches. It takes a lot of courage to be nude in front of strangers. But to do it for 8 hours in 6 inch heels, while performing acrobatics, and maintaining a bad bitch stance is.... simply put, AMAZING! Also, the same systems of oppression that reduce women to body parts have created social conditions (i.e. single motherhood, pursuing education) that require women to seek alternative economic opportunities. In a nutshell, these women need/deserve to get paid! They can count on my business. And last but certainly not least, strip clubs have better DJs and music! They play shit that makes you move!

So in the honor of strippers everywhere, here is my national strippers anthem... R.I.P. Pimp C

4 comments:

  1. Like the blog Ses! keep it up!

    my pick for strip club anthem:
    take it off [8ball & MJG] *my song!*

    ..yes, Vanessa listens to strip club music
    *don't judge a book by its cover* Lol

    -V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strippers are like angels ;-) Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete