Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hoes: The Mini Series Pt. 1 "Keep it on the Low... or you could be a hoe"

Sorry about the corny ass title but I just couldn't resist. Now before I get deep into my own "hoe politics" let me break this down for those who don't really know what's going on. There are people out there, whom you may or may not have had sex with, who analyze YOUR sex life so that they can label it and you as what is commonly referred to as a hoe. I know, it's absurd. But hey, its just one more thing women go through. The term is interchangeable with the words slut, whore, bussa (created from the Chicago term bust down), runner, tramp, groupie, bopper, to name a few. It can also be expressed in phrases such as "She's easy" or "She goin" (I think that's another Chicago exclusive).

But anyway, the fact of the matter is that you can only be crowned the hoe title if someone knows about your sex life in some capacity and gives it to you. Therefore, another very accurate title for this post could have been "why I don't give a fuck if you think I'm a hoe".

So after you have this title, what does that mean for you? In my opinion? Not a damn thing (another reason for my alternative post title). Supposedly it makes you "unwifeable". What a joke! So I should be ashamed that some clown I probably wouldn't want to marry anyway just so happened to find out about two of my sexual encounters and doesn't want to marry me? Ha. When I find someone I want to be in a serious relationship with we will be in one. Because he won't give a fuck who I was sleeping with before him (as long as I'm STD free of course). And that's just the bottom line.

And that's the killer about this whole hoe thing; it only applies to women but it's completely centered around the opinion of men. And then there are women that support such a silly agenda by helping to further "tarnish your rep". I wrote about women like that here. Anyway, it's all pretty silly. Unless you broke the Code and it was her man she shouldn't have an opinion about who you slept with. In fact, adults don't concern themselves with who other adults are sleeping with. I'm a grown ass woman, I'll do what the fuck I want, with little to no regard for how or what you think about it (A third and final reason for an alternate post title).

But for those of you who do care, be mindful of this: if you have a lot of sex, try to keep it on the low or risk the chance of being called a hoe.... not that it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment