You may have noticed that the content of this blog has become much more personal as late. Well, me has become my latest project, so I guess it just be like that. There are alot of things I go back and forth with regarding whether I should post it or not. I decided to post this one. For one of my best friends has been doing them quite regularly on her blog, always an interesting read. Also, I think it is important to "know" these things about myself and I hope you indulge in a list of your own.
So here's what I know:
1. I love reading. I was just saying that I took my being on punishment days for granted because I only wish I was able to get that much reading done these days.
2. I love the way I look naked... much more than I appreciate the way I look in any outfit. I've been trained all my life to hide from what I see when I shed my clothes. It took alot of learning, and even more UNlearning, but now all I see when I'm naked is a body, one variation of the billions of bodies on the earth, my body. How cool is that?
3. I'm not a big cryer. I would like to be. It has excellent cleansing and healing powers, but I find it really hard.
4. After 23 years I finally know that I spend alot of energy trying to get other people to realize that I'm a human being just like them. I don't plan on stopping. Perhaps changing tactics though. You feel that?
5. I love sweets.
6. I love the way cold air feels hitting my skin. (For short periods of time of course. The Chicago hawk takes it a bit too far) But I like walking through the freezer isle in the grocery store, I like to sit my skin right in front of the air conditioner, etc.
7. I've been writing creatively and/or self expression since at least 4th grade. (That's as far back as I can remember.)
Monday, March 14, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Certified Bad Bitch: Jessica Lauren (I really love that combo. It reminds me of a superSHEro/porn star/clothing brand)
Jessica is the yin to my yang. She has beautiful energy, like really beautiful. energy. Enough said.
Jessica on why she's a bad bitch...
"Your only identity is I AM undefined and infinite"- Deepak Chopra
But within this spectrum of "who I am", I can identify with "bad bitchness" because even through
I can be
friend to several other bad bitches
a dedicated badu and amel fan,
In addition, I think recognizing your "gift" and giving your gift to as many people as you can is being "bad".
So thats why Im "bad"……oh and Im a little fine too:)
Yep... that's my best friend.