Friday, September 6, 2013

I've been caught lacking

Hey boos,

I know it's been a long time. I actually feel really shitty about neglecting the blog that has been so instrumental in helping me develop an identity and a voice as writer. But I won't apologize for living outside the parameters of a laptop for a change; and pursuing opportunities that are going to help me on this life journey jump off. You'd be surprised at how many times I've sat down to write this post but didn't because life was like: "we aint on that right now."

Nevertheless, here it is now.

So what have I been doing? You might remember this post where I shared a link to a piece I wrote for Feministing.com. That piece was an entry into their "So You Think You Can Blog Contest." Well as it turns out, I CAN blog because I won and am a new contributor to the site! I can't be more honored to be bringing the voice of hoochies and hoodrats to the online mainstream feminist crowd. It's been an amazing opportunity and I love my Feministing crew. (We had our retreat in New York this past weekend and it was great.)

But some of you might already know that I can't say all the shit I want to say to the online mainstream feminist crowd. And that is why I have to start coming back home. Here to the Bad Bitch Society. I am looking forward to sharing my writing from Feministing and other sources, but also returning to the practice of talking real shit about the shit that matters to me and the other bad bitches I know.

Thanks for your patience. I'm back like cooked crack.*

Sesali B.

*Ok. I never actually understood this phrase because I'm not sure if I ever experienced cooked crack leaving in the first place. But whatever, the shit rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment